Things to consider when choosing a fence. If you are thinking of changing your fencing take your time before going ahead with the new installation. There are various things to consider so you shouldn’t rush into this decision.
Below we look at some of the things to take into consideration:
- Have a think about the purpose of the fence?
- Is it to improve the look of your garden?
- Does it need to provide privacy?
- Is it needed to keep your pets from straying?
- What budget do you have for the project?
- Do you need any planning permission? This is only needed for fencing over 2m high (6ft = 1.83m, 5ft = 1.52m, 4ft = 1.22m, 3ft = 0.91m).
- How much maintenance can you honestly carry out each year?
- What materials do you want to use?
- Do you go with wooden or concrete fence posts?
- Do you want vertical or horizontal fencing?
- How much light do you get in your garden? Maybe consider fencing with gaps between the slats to increase the lighting.
- Do you want to add fence post caps to finish the look?
- Remember to talk to your neighbours before the project starts so they are aware of the planned work.
- Are you going to carry out the work yourself of hire a professional for their knowledge and experience?
If you would like to discuss a fencing project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a free consultation and quote.